Since 1995 Alexandra has explored how the body and mind works. She has done this through using many different sporting techniques and working with a wide variety of highly respected coaches.
Alongside numerous national and regional titles since 2014, Alexandra has achieved an impressive record at World and European level competing for England over the past 3 years:
- 1st place Kata* individual IJKA World Championship 2017, Ireland
- 1st place Kumite** individual IJKA World Championship 2017, Ireland
- 1st place Kumite team mix IJKA World Championship 2017, Ireland
- 1st place Kata team women WMO EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2016, England
- 1st place Kata individual WMO BRITISH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP 2016, England
- 2nd place Kata individual FSKA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2017, England
- 2nd place Kumite individual FSKA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2017, England
- 2nd place Kata individual WMO EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2016, England
- 3rd place Kumite team women SKDUN 24TH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2016, Bulgaria
- 3rd place Kumite team women SKDUN 23rd WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2015, Serbia
*Kata – forms or fight with multiple imaginary opponents;
**Kumite – sparring
For Alexandra’s complete competition record: http://alexandramerisoiu.com/alexandra-merisoiu-karate-shotokan/
Sensei Alexandra is now teaching Martial Arts Karate Shotokan in Oxted, Surrey, at Oxted School every Monday from 6:30-7:30 pm and Wednesday from 7-8 pm. Book your FREE lesson or ask for more information. You can also just show up on the day at Oxted School (Monday – Old Hall, Wednesday – Gym Hall)
Yondan 4th Dan Shotokan Karate
Level 4 Low Back Pain management and prevention (April 2016)
Level 3 Personal Training
Level 3 Exercise Referral (working with GPs to support patients’ recovery)
First Aid Qualified
Alexandra is also featured in national and local press, such as The Guardian, County Border News and Ridge Radio Tandrige, as well as writing for several other online platformed. Check them all out here.
With Sensei Alexandra Merisoiu you know your children are taught at the highest level, in a traditional Martial Art, by a qualified and respected professional.